[Dixielandjazz] More On Music Theory

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Mar 16 13:43:02 PST 2006

Steve Barbone writes:

(snip)
Cram in all the theory you can,
practice 10 hours a day for 25 years. Learn ALL SCALES and ALL CHORDS from
ALL GENRES.
(snip)

As an example:

A very good friend of mine was an amateur musician until about the age of 20
or 21.  At that time, he decided to really devote his life to being a
professional musician.  he began practicing 8 to 10 hours a day.

I did not know this and after not hearing him play for several years, the
next time I heard him, I was stunned by how good he had gotten.  he is now
one of the top OKOM players on the NY scene.  I never would have believed
it.

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV
The Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)