[Dixielandjazz] Music theory

Edmetzsr at aol.com Edmetzsr at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 12:29:20 PST 2006

In a message dated 3/15/2006 2:53:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
paul.edgerton at eds.com writes:

If you  want to be fully conversant in the language of jazz, you need to
know both  the vocabulary and the grammar.

Paul, well said.  These recent, nearly endless chains on the subjects  of set
lists and theory usefulness lead me to believe that we've got lots of  folks
who are unwilling to take the blinders off. Both categories may be very
useful or totally useless depending on the personnel, their flexibility, their
level of experience, their ability to plan, their willingness to think, their
ability to read, their desire to play more than the dirty dozen, ............and
 on and on and on. "Enuff" said. Ed Metz