[Dixielandjazz] Herbie Hancock Jazz? was Miles Davis inducted into Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 14 13:28:00 PST 2006

Mike <mike at railroadstjazzwest.com> wrote (about jazzers in the R & R hall of
fame e.g. Miles as a performer, joining Armstrong, Bessie Smith and Jelly
Roll Morton born before R & R, who are in the hall as major influences)

> Kinda reminds me of when the "Headhunters" album was released(w/ Herbie
> Hancock) the big debate then was whether or not it was a jazz album.

Hancock will probably be inducted too at a later date. BTW, he was in charge
of the music portion of Miles' induction the other day fronting a group that
played Davis compositions. If US residents search the TV channels, we may be
able to find the presentations. Took place in the Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ballroom, with attendees and honorees in tuxes.

Cheers,
Steve