[Dixielandjazz] Set Lists

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 14 11:51:35 PST 2006

For my jazz trio, I often choose tunes alphabetically.

For one gig, I will start with Alabama Jubilee, move on to Algiers Strut,
and work our way down to to Nobody Knows You.

Another time I started with Alabama Jubilee and only got down to Hello
Dolly.

Still another time we started with Hello Dolly and worked our way up to
Blues in the Night.

As we work our way through a program, we will decide to include or skip
tunes depending on how it's going at the moment.

In a trad band I play with, the routine is to play tunes in groups of 4: two
fast, one slow, and one medium tempo. Two of these groups make up a set.

Cheers,
Bruce Stangeland
Berkeley banjoist