[Dixielandjazz] Long Gigs

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Mar 13 17:28:30 PST 2006

I don't hold the long play record but I think I hold the long play record to
the fewest people.  I was playing at a club owned by the little Egypt mob
(Southern Illinois) in 1960.  We were doing a 11 to three a.m. gig when one
of the boys came in with his current girlfriend around 2:45.  It was him,
his girl the bartender and my Trio.  He wanted us to keep playing so we did
and he kept giving us money and more money.  We played four more hours.  I
cleared $135 and that's when scale was $12.50 in that local.
Larry Walton
St. Louis