[Dixielandjazz] Set list

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Mar 13 11:04:36 PST 2006

Cees van den Heuvel wrote:
I always make a set list for each performance, minding tempo and key
variaton, but in all cases, I only use the first two or three and then go
with the flow, synchronising with the moods of the audience.
Talking about useless work.....

Exactly!  Happened to me, also, so I just stopped making the list.  I
sometimes make one for a big concert, but go kind of loose even then, making
changes as I go.  I have an alphabetic list of all the songs we do within
eyesight to jog the memory. It can be seen at a glance, with no need to flip
through papers, etc.

Jim