[Dixielandjazz] Why am I back? Delete now

Len Nielsen lennielsen at telus.net
Sun Mar 12 12:57:27 PST 2006

Steve

I have said it to you before and I will say it to you again. You have
never strived for accuracy in your rebuttals. I have included your
recent post in entirety in which you exhibit your inaccuracy,
untruthfulness and lack of concern for those maligned. I assume, from
many years of observing your discussions, that your past training has
been that winning at all cost is all that matters and you must eliminate
all facts that will hamper that result.

I am not going to defend myself to you. You do not even care enough
about what I think to spell my name accurately. I do, however, wonder
why you put so much effort into spinning out the "hate" thing. It makes
me feel important. :)

You portray "Kash, Farrell and Vax" who are all successful businessmen
as people who cannot read, cannot quote accurately (the kettle calling
the pot black) and who when debating your point of view engage in
"personal attacks". Not only that but you infer that they are whiners.

Poor Steve! :( Even some of your supporters must be cringing in there
boots over the patheticness of this post.

I generally, in my life, avoid controversy but with you that is
impossible as you have appointed yourself the DJML bully. A term
generally applied to younger people but appropriate here, nonetheless.
The schools here instituted the WITS program to counter this. The "W"
standing for "walk away". I read your noxious posts for approximately 5
years before I said to myself enough is enough. Without some
confrontation you will take full rein and that will be the end of the
DJML. This must not happen!

Dixieland Music. I attended the OKOM jazz festival 2 weeks ago in
Seaside Oregon and it was an overwhelming success. Every ticket
available was sold. The dancers from 6 to eighty (or over?) filled the
dance floor morning, noon and night including the Sunday morning gospel
session. The bands included Titan Hot Seven, Cornet Chop Suey and also
the 51st Eight. Approximate age 22, they got there start as a high
school band at the Chilliwack BC, Canada OKOM festival about 7 years ago
and now are a booked festival band. Some of the female members of this
band also make up the group Mighty Aphrodite. They play, they entertain,
the front line joins the umbrella parade and they feature some very
young, very raw talent on stage in order to pay back some of the breaks
that they themselves were given.

Steve, you can keep on reporting the depressing side of OKOM festivals,
  and I will be pleased to report the up side that I observe in person
or that simply come to my attention like the downside comes to you.

Len Nielsen