FW: [Dixielandjazz] Controversy

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Mar 10 15:14:47 PST 2006

Len asked:
I wonder who elected him instructor on this list?

My feelings, exactly, Len.  I kept feeling the list belonged to Steve, and
that is not what it was started as.  We all have our views as to how to run
our bands, and as expressed many times, our own areas & restrictions that we
must run them in. It seemed, however, that every post was hijacked by Steve
& molded into his never ending messages about getting it right.  Right for
who?

I never had any personal contact with Steve other than swapping CD's once,
nor do I dislike him.  Never expressed that, I hope.  I merely asked him to
loosen up a bit.  Be passionate on the stage, not so much on the list, as we
are all more or less into Jazz or we wouldn't be here.  Therefore, it's sort
of preaching to other preachers.  (Is that a saying, or have I created a new
one?)   :>

There was no hate involved, and no suggestions of anyone leaving.

Now on to some musical subjects....

Jim