[Dixielandjazz] Controversy

Len Nielsen lennielsen at telus.net
Fri Mar 10 13:14:10 PST 2006

List mates

I'm sorry that I am getting into this mess late and that I am extending
the misery for those of you who do not care for controversy but I think
it is important to stand up and be counted.

Yes I dislike Steve Barbone, however it does not cause me any particular
problem.

I wonder who elected him instructor on this list and can assure you that
he has never been of any help to me, as a list member, in the past and
nor do I anticipate ever asking for his help in the future. In this
regard, I consider this list to be a discussion list and meant for give
and take conversations. Steve has no talent for this whatsoever. His
forte was daily harangues and usually on the same repetitive subjects.

His posts always contained nasty little zingers( "The detractors, small
minds and their ilk on the list make it no longer worth my time.")and he
is unbelievably pompous to the end.

He says "Don't let the bastards get you down" and I know who fits into
that category as far as I am concerned.

I would like to thank Mike Vax, publicly, for his stand against Steve's
constant verbal abuse. Although I am a Dixieland "fan" and not a band
member I consider that he spoke some of my thoughts aloud, on my behalf.

Everyone on this list has a right to give their opinion, without
anyone's permission and I would never side with anyone who asked a
particular list mate to leave the list but since Steve has decided to
leave on his own accord I can only say.

Hip Hip Hooray....Hip Hip Hooray.....Hip Hip Hooray.

Sincerely
Len Nielsen