[Dixielandjazz] Audience smiles

Laurence Swain l.swain at comcast.net
Wed Mar 8 21:08:53 PST 2006

Kash wrote:

    The thread on kids dancing at gigs is little more than curious in my case,
    if you see what a typical Spanish jazz club looks like.  Take a look at
    the picture at this site.  Very little room to stand, let alone dance.
    However, they did, last time we were there.  Basically everyone that was
    standing tried to dance in their little space allotted to them.  The
    picture shows a normal, every night of the week crowd at the Cafe
    Populart, Madrid.    :>

    http://www.kashprod.com/eng/index.php?mostrar=noticias

    Click on the calendar, on 27 March, and then click on the picture to see
    it large

This picture illustrates nicely my observation in an earlier post about what a player on
stage sees, if things are clicking, from the stage (namely: smiles).

Larry Swain

.