[Dixielandjazz] Re: Looking for "We Three"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 7 14:06:09 PST 2006

> Are you certain of the recording date of "We Three" by the Ink Spots. I seem
to remember my mother had their recording on a brown label Decca 78.<

Dear Stan,
Good one!!
The original Ink Spots recording WAS made for Decca (3379) on 16 July 1940.
Somehow it escaped my 'song titles' cross-reference index.
Thank you for the correction.
I should have remembered it too, as I am probably as old as your mother.
8>)
The version I cited was a Verve and no doubt a reprise of their earlier
'hit'.
Kind regards,
Bill.