[Dixielandjazz] Re: "We Three" others?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 7 13:13:22 PST 2006

>but didn't you forget: Kenny Sargent version also with "GG and his Casa Loma
Orchestra" Decca X-1937 Br 03105 Sept. 18, 1940?<

Dear Ric,
No, but yes!
That is the one I was referring to but, somehow, a line and a bit was
dropped/cut in my email, which SHOULD have read:

Recorded by:
Tommy Dorsey with Frank Sinatra. 29 Aug 1940
The Ink Spots. 24 Sept 1956
Casa Loma Orchestra with Kenny Sargent.  18 Sept 1940
Nat Gonella. 7 Feb 1941
Ella Fitzgerald (for Verve) 6 July 1965
[I have the Dorsey and Gonella.]

I didn't bother to report the Bob Chester version from 14 Aug 1940, with
vocalist Dolores O'Neil, as I assumed few would know who bandleader Bob
Chester was, nor have (or heard) the Bluebird 78. I haven't.
Kind regards,
Bill.