[Dixielandjazz] FW: Looking for "We Three"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 6 22:11:57 PST 2006

This reply was sent to the list, but hasn't shown up yet.
(This has happened several times recently.)
I'll try again, as the information may be of interest to others.
Bill.

Dear Ric,
I presume that you mean "We Three [My Echo, My Shadow and Me]" (c.1939.
Sammy Mysels-Dick Robertson-Nelson Cogane)

"We three, we're all alone, living in a memory
My echo, my shadow and me.
We three, we're not a crowd, we're not even company
My echo, my shadow, and me.

What good is the moonlight, the silvery moonlight that shines above.
I walk with my shadow, I talk with my echo, but where is the one I love?
We three, we'll wait for you, even till eternity
My echo, my shadow and me."

Recorded by.
Tommy Dorsey with Frank Sinatra. 29 Aug 1940
The Ink Spots. 24 Sept 1956
Casa Loma Orchestra. 7 Feb 1941
Ella Fitzgerald (for Verve) 6 July 1965.
[I have the Dorsey and Gonella.]

Or did you mean the Red Nichols group which recorded for Pathe on 24 March
1926?
Red Nichols, t; Arthuer Schutt, p; Vic Bertonm d.
"Plenty Off Center
  Eddie Lang, g; added
Trumpet Sobs.
Didn't think so.