[Dixielandjazz] Bridge for Strange Blues

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 5 21:57:10 PST 2006

Ken,

The Charles Anderson Collection of Tunes includes Wingy Malone's "Strange
Blues", in Eb.

The first four quarter notes in the bridge appear to be:  B, A, Gb and Eb,
played with a B7 chord.
That doesn't sound right to me so I use                        B, Ab, Gb,
and Eb with a B7 chord.

Maybe Wingy meant to use the A-natural to make his blues "strange".

Cheers,
Bruce Stangeland
Berkeley banjoist

Message: 5