[Dixielandjazz] Retirement Facility Prospects

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 2 18:02:42 PST 2006

HELP. There are too many of these venues for Barbone Street to take care of
with concerts. So, here is a web site that will enable you to get a list of
retirement facilities in: VA, MD, DC, PA, NJ, DE. It is my basic prospect
list for these venues. It also contains a link to lists of retirement
facilities in other areas for those who are outside our area..

http://www.retirement-living.com/orderGuide.asp

We do quite a few gigs at them in PA, MD, DE, and NJ. Within a 50 mile
radius of Philadelphia. With just a little smart marketing, other bands
should be able to get gigs at these venues. Pay particular attention to
CCRCs, Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Especially those with more
than 150 living units. They have an entertainment budget.

Order the magazines listing them (free) and you will get all the information
you need regarding location, size, etc. And since you are old folks, they
are only to happy to send you the books. There is not much pitching on their
part except for an update email every 2 or 3 months so don't worry about
being badgered.

And don't worry about competing with me if you are in this area. We are
secure with our major CCRC clients and sometimes even have to disappoint
them because we are otherwise booked. (They book us a year in advance now)

A word to the wise. Basic one hour performance fee should be $100 per man,
double for leader so your 6 piece band fee should be AT LEAST $700 for a one
hour concert, Mon through Thurs, the evenings most concerts are booked.
Should you get lucky like us and do 3 hours on New Years Eve at one, charge
at least $3000. (We get more)

The audiences will love you because they are old folks who grew up with the
music and they don't get out much because the entertainment and activities
are brought to them.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone