[Dixielandjazz] Turk at Carnegie

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Wed Mar 1 12:54:34 PST 2006

I am going to the list after my initial reqquest to Fr Mike. He, Like many
others, has his LPs stored in a safe but not easy to get at place.

I am after a full track listing and personel from the LP "Turk at Carnegie"
Stomp Off SOS1155
I received a tape dub from a late friend and the only info on the tape was
"Turk @ Carnegie".

I have worked out (I think):

Hot Antic
Michel Bastide (cnt,v-tb) Jean-Francois Bonnel (cnt,as,ts) Virginie Bonnel
(cl,as,ts,vcl) Stephane Matthey (p) Jean-Pierre Dubois (bj,cl) Christian
Lefevre (tu)

3.    Rubber plant rag
4.    Story book ball
5.    Morocco blues
6.    Turk's blues

Turk Murphy Jazz Band:
Bob Schulz (cnt) Lew Green (cnt-1) Ron Deeter (cl) Turk Murphy (tb) Jim
Maihack (p) Bill Armstrong (bj) Bill Carroll (tu) Wayne Jones (d)

7.    Red flannel rag
8.    King Porter stomp
9.    Canal Street blues
10.    The girls go crazy
11.    Big bear stomp

There are two tracks at the beginning that I think would be from the JIm
Cullum Band.
I have been told the tape was missing a combined band version of "Bay City"

Thanks

Phil O'Rourke
Australia