[Dixielandjazz] People I miss.

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 30 22:28:03 PDT 2006

Frank Powers:  who died with a stack of Turk Murphy LPs on his piano
waiting to be digitised for me, pending his beginning to feel better
from the diabetes that very soon thereafter took him from us.

Bob Helm:  who, in 2002, died, hopefully, having already seen my
personal letter, including a photocopy of a snapshot taken of the two of
us in 1997, at which meeting he recalled having said to me the year
before that he would provide me an autographed photo (point being: a
rock-solid memory).

Dixie Teel:  a short-time member of DJML, who loved every minute of it,
but who by at least late-2002 disappeared from the list, and mail sent
directly to her came back labelled "MOVED".  I learned of this state of
affairs by my trying to send back to her some CDs she had loaned to me
previously.  Today, I "own" these CDs, as an unintentional memoir of
her.  That, and the most precious fact that my pristine copy of *Turk
Murphy: Just for the Record* was a flat-out gift from her to me.

Please pardon the deliberate sentimentality.  I hope that the only
person who remembers, publicly, the wonderful thing that DJML's
anniversary is, can be forgiven, and am,
--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org