[Dixielandjazz] OKOM In Stuart FL Area

mmckay macjazz at se.rr.com
Fri Jun 30 15:11:19 PDT 2006

Absolutely nothing unless it is some local thing.  They are apt to have
something going, but I would be stunned to find out it was jazz, let alone
OKOM.

River City Dixieland band outdoors in Jax (by the paper building on Water
Street)  but I couldn't go and didn't mark it. I think it is Tuesday at 3:00
but check before you try. If they are there, they are UNF faculty people and
quite good--worth the trip. I'll try to chase down the announcement. Stark
is 45 miles from Jax via 301/90, closer via 21 cross country

Big band in Plaza/park in St. Augustine 6:00 Tuesday.  Good by local
standards and not bad by any standard (some intonation problems, soloists a
very mixed bag. One good piano and a good trumpet. Saxes vary with the gig,
so I can't tell you what it might be.) St. A is 55 miles via 16.

If you come to St. A, let me know. I'll buy you a beer.

Mart