[Dixielandjazz] Trad/bop thoughts

patcooke77 at yahoo.com patcooke77 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 30 02:30:33 PDT 2006

>In order to be fluent in another style you first must like the style.<

That's very true, Larry.  I get along well playing dixie or bop, mainstream, straight ahead, but I can't play rock.  There are many capable players playing rock; but I just don't have a feeling for it, I don't know the tunes, and I know a rock fan would not like what they hear if I tried to play it.

Pat Cooke