[Dixielandjazz] Dr Fennell

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Tue Jun 27 21:36:50 PDT 2006

There are actually quite a few organized bands recreating the Civil
War era music (some with authentic instruments, some with replica
horns.) I have more than a dozen recordings made from the 1960s
onwards from many different states. Some of the groups are "attached"
to various Civil War reenactment associations, others are more
independent. They have lots of sheet music to play from (since it is
all PD and well researched) but the playing conditions are a bit
"rustic" for the more serious reenactment associations and the
uniforms can be quite expensive.

I also know there are groups from all over the world that recreate
military bands from many other eras... some are actually active duty
military personnel and others are civilian enthusiasts!

Just another thing to eat up the weekends ;-)  here is one of many
link pages:
http://www.civilwarhome.com/reenact.htm

Dave Richoux