[Dixielandjazz] Re: Hoping for help!

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jun 27 14:13:06 PDT 2006

>From my mate Brian Harvey in Pomgolia, sent off-list.
> It was San Francisco Bay Blues and it was well known in the days of Woodie
Guthrie and others.
I think that I recorded an LP of Rambling Jack Elliott and he included that
song.
But sadly I didn't keep copies of any of the stuff I made for the 77 label!!
No fool like an old fool eh?
Take care - Brian Harvey<

Dear Brian (and Bill G),
Who can argue with someone who has first-hand knowledge of the the subject?
"San Francisco BAY Blues" it is!
I relied on 'Blues Records' 1943-1966' by Mike Leadbitter and Neil Slaven
(First edition 1968).
A Google search for a Jesse Fuller discography has since confirmed your
advice.
Which just goes to show - don't trust discographal researchers with your
Baby.
8>)
Kind regards,
Bill.