[Dixielandjazz] "...playing a jag-time tune..."

mmckay macjazz at se.rr.com
Tue Jun 27 09:46:51 PDT 2006

I think it is basically poetic license (as one who can quote much of Dan
McGrew as well as other Service poems pretty well verbatim). You see it
twice in just that line and have questioned both. "Hitting" for "playing"
and "Jag" for "Rag."

It is what makes it HKOP. (His kind of poetry.)

Mart

Martin D. McKay (Designated Listener.)