[Dixielandjazz] speaking of sparing moments from busy gig schedules

bob rubin rhr261 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 21:42:42 PDT 2006

--- Steve Barbone <barbonestreet at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Ha, Ha, Love you too Mike, even in your ignorance.
> Below is the backup for
> the fact that some reed players are not as ignorant
> as some brass players
> about JJ Johnson and how he was perceived in the
> 40s/50s.
>
> If you can spare a few moments from your busy gig
> schedule, you might get
> educated via the following quotes from sources a bit
> more informed than
> yourself about the subject matter.

*************
Steve,
  That brings me to a question I've had for a long
time.
  I just can't imagine how a 70-something musician
playing and traveling to 160 gigs a year (more
recently the figure has been given as 200),  has the
time and energy to not only post here so prolifically,
but to search the web, it seems daily, for articles,
reviews, and websites of interest to the rest of us.
You must have a gem of a wife who handles all the
errands and chores and paperwork of daily life. Or
maybe she is happy to have you spending all your time
at the computer or at gigs and away from her?
  I have trouble playing twice a week and finding the
time and energy just to read YOUR many posts.

  Cheers,
  bob