[Dixielandjazz] Calling all OKOM jazz musicians in the USA

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 20 06:59:30 PDT 2006

Join this protest movement now. Who is more deserving than us lowly,
starving OKOM jazz musicians?

Cheers,
Steve

The School of Arts and Culture of the University of the Poor is conducting a
survey on artists/musicians/cultural workers and our experiences with health
care. http://www.universityofthepoor.org/schools/artists/index.htm

Just like for many other people in this country, artists as a group
contribute a lot to our society, but often lack some of the basic things we
need to live, like health care. We're trying to collect some data on this,
to know a little more about artists' experiences here. These data will be
used for a Congressional Hearing on Artists and Health Care, sponsored by
Acts of Art, and for a Truth Commission this summer, organized by the Poor
People's Economic Human Rights Campaign.

The School of Arts and Culture (SOAC) of the University of the Poor is a
group of artists/cultural workers that are part of the Poor People's
Economic Human Rights Campaign, a group of organizations building a movement
to end poverty, led by poor people.
http://www.universityofthepoor.org/schools/artists/index.htm