[Dixielandjazz] Re: lyrics: you scream,Iscream........

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 18 14:58:01 PDT 2006

> My 3 year old grandson demands my singing the rest of YSISWASFIC, I don't
> remeber all the lyrics.

Dear Ed,
Herewith, as requested.
Kind regards,
Bill.

"I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream"
(1927. Howard Johnson, Billy Moll, Robert A. K. King)
Transcribed from Harry Reser's Six Jumping Jacks version. Vocalist is Tom
Stacks. Recorded January 14, 1928.

In the land of ice and snows
Up among the Eskimos,
There's a college known as Ogi wa wa!
You should hear those college boys,
Gee, they make an awful noise
When they sing an Eskimo tra-la-la!

They've got a leader, big cheer leader,
Oh, what a guy!
He's got a frozen face just like an Eskimo Pie!
When he says, "Come on, let's go!"
Though it's forty-five below,
This is what the Eskimos all holler:

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Tuesdays, Mondays, we all scream for sundaes,
Sis-boom-bah!
Boola-boola, sarsaparoolla,
If you got chocolate, we'll take vanoola!
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Rah! Rah! Rah!

Here is another version of the Chorus:

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Rock, Baby Rock.
Monday, Tuesday, we all scream for sundae,
Rock, Baby Rock.
A little Coco Cola, a little bit of gin
You've got a dog called Rover, and I've got Rin Tin Tin.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Yeah baby. That's what we want.

There are countless other variations
Bill.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Frosts and malts that are peppered and salted,
Sis-boom-bah!
Oh, spumoni, oh, cartoni,
And confidentially, we'll take baloney,
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Rah! Rah! Rah!

Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah!