[Dixielandjazz] euphonium

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Fri Jun 9 07:10:24 PDT 2006

I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone or not, but the fourth
valve in addition to giving extended range also helps with the
intonation in the lower and middle registers. It's the same principal as
the f attachment on a trombone. It gives you more choices for
fingerings/slide positions that can allow you to play more in tune.

Mike