[Dixielandjazz] The Wife

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Wed Jun 7 14:51:06 PDT 2006

My wife helps me to bring in the equipment & set up, and break down and haul
away. During the gig she will read or do cross word puzzles or leave the area
and do some grocery shopping, etc.

She sometimes helps with balancing the audio or fetching some water or getting a
piece of equipment I've neglected to bring on stage.  Also, she handles the
money for me by passing out the pay envelopes to the musicians as we pack up.

When I bid the job I will tell customers of her "Roadie" work and arrange for
her to eat with the musicians.

She's a big help to me.

I've seen other guys with a gimpy leg or whatever, use their girl friends/wives
with equipment set up, etc., particularly drummers or keyboard guys bringing in
electronic equipment.

My experience has been all positive.

Russ Guarino
Clarinet Maven