[Dixielandjazz] The Wife

Richard Stevens richard at thejazzfactory.net
Wed Jun 7 00:32:52 PDT 2006

Hi All,
I followed this thread with interest and someone suggested that it only
"amateur"
Bands had their partners attending gigs. The venue manager for a dinner
concert we are doing on Sunday in fact has invited The Wife as his guest to
dine with him. Very professional of him as he understands just what her
contribution is.

The wife can sell CD's
The wife can entertain celebrities
The wife can do a sound check from the room
The wife can take a booking enquiry
The wife can tell you if you are boring
The wife is not a spare part but an integral part of the show, often
organising the audience to a venue.
That's among the professional things she does.......

MY wife will also buy a drink and bring it over to the stage
MY wife actually loves jazz and is a regular contributor, that's 2 of the
reasons I married her!

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net