[Dixielandjazz] Flying

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 1 19:44:34 PDT 2006

This is an area that I try to follow closely.

Here is the FAA Letter which you can print from this site:
_http://banjohazard.homestead.com/tsaletterafm.html_
(http://banjohazard.homestead.com/tsaletterafm.html)

And from Transportation Security Administration
_http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/editorial/editorial_1235.xml_
(http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/editorial/editorial_1235.xml)

Now the real practices:
Totally dependent on airline and often on the mood of the chief cabin
attendant who gets to make the final call.  Almost none are allowing an  extra carry
on plus the instrument in the current crowded planes.  Advice  from most is
that to have it packed sufficiently that it can endure gate  checking.  To
clear security, remove everything from the case except the  instrument and pack in
checked luggage.
Ginny

In a message dated 6/1/2006 9:18:59 P.M. Central Daylight Time,