[Dixielandjazz] FW: June-July new Hot Jazz Channel radio show

Brian Harvey brer.rabbit at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 00:46:13 PDT 2006

 John Booth and Brian Harvey are pleased to announce that the June-July Hot
Jazz Channel radio show has now gone 'live' at www.radiojazz.co.uk   The new
show is devoted to the music of New Orleans and its immediate derivatives
and is aimed at helping maintain listener's attention on the ongoing
problems of the city. With the anniversary of Katrina looming this seems
like an appropriate time to focus people's attention on just how much work
still remains to be done in the city.

A record total of 50,687 listeners tuned in to our show last month and we're
now well on the way to having had a total of a half-million listeners in our
first year. Our thanks to all who have spread the word making this
achievement possible. We would also like to thank the many record companies
and bands who make the programmes possible.

Featured in the new show are - The Fryer Barnhart International All Star
Jazz Band, the Papa French New Orleans Jazz Band, Sweet Mary Cat with
Jacques Gauthé and Bill Evans, the Original Dixieland Jazz Band, Thelma
Terry & Her Playboys, Muggy Spanier's Orchestra, the Franz Jackson Band with
Lil Armstrong Hardin, Sammy Rimington with Freddie John, the Chris Blount
New Orleans Jazz Band, the New Black Eagle Jazz Band, New Orleans Hot Shots,
Kaye Wade's Riverboat Ramblers, the Circus Square Jazz Band, Panama Jazz
Kings, the French Preservation Jazz Band with Fred Vigorito and Sammy
Rimington, Gota River Jazzmen, George Probert with Ted Thomas and Ron Going,
Cell Block 7.