[Dixielandjazz] Orange County

Jtnt at aol.com Jtnt at aol.com
Mon Jul 31 08:42:19 PDT 2006

Seems like there will be a bunch of DJMLers at Orange County this coming
weekend, including Nan & me. Any plans for a F-F?.  We'll be getting there late
Thursday afternoon after driving over from the desert and spending the afternoon
with a little body surfing :-)

And I'd like to heartily recommend one of our all time favorite places for a
Sunday Champagne Mariachi brunch. It's Baja Willie's at Warner & Beach Blvd;
just 6 miles up 405 to Warner and then 1.5 mi west to Beach.  The buffet is
great and there is a separate cook for special orders like huevos rancheros. The
champagne never stops pouring; once when we were there, I slowed down with
the champage. The waiter walked by, picked up the full glass and, saying it was
too warm to drink, poured it out and set down a fresh one!!  But bring your
checkbooks; it's all of $12.95!  We'll get there around 10:30 to start with
Bloodies and then food and listen to the band for awhile before heading back to OC
for the noon set.  Maybe we should have the F-F there :-)

Jack Thomas