[Dixielandjazz] Aunt Hagers Blues

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Jul 25 09:54:21 PDT 2006

I don't know about "Aunt Hagers Blues."  But I can tell you that a lot of
songs have more than one title.

For instance, "Atlanta Blues" is also known as "Make Me a Pallet On The
Floor."

"The Torch" is also known as "The Kansas City Torch" & "When The Gang's All
Gone Home."

There is a Sidney Bechet tune also but I can't remember which one it is.
Perhaps "Ce Tous Voi Ma Mere," it might be something about "Lonesome."

Turk Murphy also recorded a tune and renamed it and to this day the song is
known by both titles.

Often you will find parts of one song within another.  Lots of melodies were
(ahem) borrowed...

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551

A good friend will help you move.
a REALLY good friend will help you move a body.