[Dixielandjazz] Re: Stan Freberg

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 24 22:42:54 PDT 2006

     Yeah.  What he said.  (Dave and i, besides being fellow
tuba-players, share a love of a lot of the same kind of music and
madness.)
     Since approximately 1961 (when i came out, i think), i've been
memorizing one of the greatest musical-comedy creations in history,
which is still available.  It's called, _Stan Freberg Presents The
United States of America_, and it's available on CD.  Has the Billy
May orchestra, Jesse White, great bits, wonderful skits about the
discovery of America, Washington crossing the Delaware, etc.  When i
get together with others who know the recording, we simultaneously
talk and sing along with all the bits.
     See:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000033TV/sr=8-3/qid=1153806050/ref=sr_1_3/104-2089096-9271934?ie=UTF8

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**    "I don't jog.  If I die I want to be sick."  --  Abe Lemons