[Dixielandjazz] Misunderstanding old tunes-

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 15:21:44 PDT 2006

Hi Jim:

It is now more politically correct to sing "where all the OLD folks
used to met "  :))
the color no longer matters.

On the other hand if you play this song in front of a Black audience
and do that they will say you are ignoring them and that the song was
about them.  so you really can never win this game of political
correctness, it is a matter of to whom and where and when and you must
be aware of all situations and handle it professionally to keep
everyone happy.  Which is after all OUR JOB to do as entertainers.

Sort of danged if you do and danged if you don't !!  :))

Cheers,

Tom  Who seems to be never right enough :))  to please everybody else
so I just try real hard to please myself. :))
Ain't nobody shot or lynched me yet so it must be close enough.  Also
helps to be a predominantly Instrumental band :))

Saves a lot of arguing about it.   The Burger King Band  "Have it Your
Way"  offend thyself as much as you wish.