[Dixielandjazz] Re [Dixielandjazz: Fake Books

David W. Littlefield dwlit at patriot.net
Sun Jul 23 18:26:15 PDT 2006

At 11:52 AM 07/22/06 -0500, Bob wrote:
>I have a friend who is interested in purchasing a Dixieland fake book.  From
>time to time there is discussion here on the List about various fake books.
>I know that the Firehouse fake book is really good but no longer for sale.
>
>Can anyone tell me the best one now available?
>--Bob Ringwald K6YBV

Hi Bob. I created and publish "Dixieland Fake Book" Volumes 1 & 2, in C and
Bb editions.

Many folks think they're by far the best that have been available in decades.
1. they're much more accurate, being based on sheet music or transcribed
from the records
2. most of the pop tunes have the verses
3. each sheet has performance notes: rhythm style, suggested tempos,
detailed routines
4. if nothing else, users love the large notes and chord symbols, and
4-bars-to-the-line format. They are readable in dim light or from a distance.

A few tunes have lyrics at the bottom of the page, but the format usually
doesn't leave room for lyrics, so all lyrics for each book are emailed to
customers as .zip files consisting of individual .txt files.

Complete contents and sample pages are on my website
http://americanmusiccaravan.com
click on "Books" for general and ordering info.
Click on individual books for details and contents

Cheers!
--Sheik