[Dixielandjazz] Eddie Condon Video

DnBoy152 at aol.com DnBoy152 at aol.com
Tue Jul 18 20:41:58 PDT 2006

Someone mentioned having this (and presumably more from the same film)
on DVD.  Is this DVD readily available?,
--
Etc,

Fr M J  (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church  (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
_www.naorc.org_ (http://www.naorc.org)

I have the DVD titled "Jazz Festival, Vol. 1 on Storyville DVD.  I got  it
either from Amazon or Jazz Record Mart in Chicago.

The DVD features three groups as follows:

Louis Armstrong All Stars
Eddie Condon All Stars
Bobby Hackett Sextet

There  are three color TV shows on this one DVD  done in the  early 60's for
the Goodyear Tire Company.

The Condon Titles are:

Royal Garden Blues
Blue and Brokenharted
Big Ben Blues
Stealin' Apples
Little Ben Blues
Muskrat Ramble

Recorded in NYC in 1962.  Total running time for the DVD is 61  minutes,
perhaps they were three half hour shows, allowing commercial  time.  This is an
excellent video, quality and sound are quite good.

Hope this helps....
Don Boyer, South Bend, IN