[Dixielandjazz] La Beau's Restaurant

jobriant at sunrisetelecom.com jobriant at sunrisetelecom.com
Tue Jul 18 14:24:25 PDT 2006

I wrote, in part:

> > J.T. LaBeau's is located at 436 Ferry Street in downtown
> > Martinez, CA.  The telephone number for reservations is
> > (925)-229-9232.
> >
> > We have new restaurant owners who need to be convinced that hiring
> > live musicians playing OKOM will be a paying proposition. We invite
> > everyone who's anywhere in the area to come for the good food, good
> > beverages and good music.

Steve Barbone replied

> If I lived closer, Jim, I'd be there. I certainly hope all
> the listmates in the Bay area bring their friends and show up
> to support live jazz.

I'm sure you'd be there, Steve, just as I'll find out where you're
playing whenever I get to the Philadelphia area.

> But, one question> What's a nice guy like you (from Gilroy)
> doing in a place like Martinez? ;-) VBG

I'm just one of these sappy wannabe musicians who will go anyplace for a
chance to play!  (But, you'll be relieved to hear, not for free....)

-- Jim O'Briant
   Tuba
   Gilroy