[Dixielandjazz] Pando

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Tue Jul 18 02:09:50 PDT 2006

Dick Broadie wrote on 18/07/2006 02:26:12:

> Never mind about the message I just sent you on Pando.  I just
> realized that djml doesn't allow attachments of any kind and that
> this thing does send out a link in the form of attachments.
>
> Sorry about that.  It did seem like a good idea.  Anyway, look up
> Pando on your search engine and use it to send large files to your
> friends.  It's quite exciting and easy to use FREE technology.

The system looks interesting, my only worry is I cannot see any
mention of how they make their money.

In a similar vein, a system that will work for sharing big files
on DJML is http://www.filefactory.com/ Not quite as simple
as pando, but there is no software involved. You get
a web link to the file you upload which can then be posted
to DJML. The files remain available for 15 days after the last
download or until you delete them.

This company make money by trying to sell you a "better" download
system, but the standard free one works just fine so I've never
found the need to upgrade.

Andy Ling