[Dixielandjazz] Quantum Mechanics & Alternate Realities of Jazz & Castrati

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 14 07:15:57 PDT 2006

"Jon Stutler", M. Ed. <Jon at Razzmajazz.com> wrote:

> Someone pass the Advil, please?  :)

Wait, it gets worse. It is but a short hop to the minority (but becoming
increasingly more popular) notion that no objective universe exists. E.G.,
Without your mind, things don't exist, certainly not in their present forms.

So, why do we waste time complaining about things we don't like? Like Rap,
Rock Guitars, etc., ad infinitum. If we quit thinking about them they will
disappear from our reality.

We might seek instead, the alternate reality where Dixieland is still the
most popular jazz form and Glenn Miller's band is still playing swing
arrangements for dancing audiences.  For somewhere, that alternate reality
surely exists.

Is it possible we might be able to make our own alternate universe conform
to our desires? Why not?

Even the Castrati would possess motile sperm, in an alternate universe, thus
explaining the line of succession, especially if one can journey back and
forth among the alternate universes. (Ask Sun Ra about that:-) VBG.)

Pass that fifth, will you Fr Mike?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone