[Dixielandjazz] castri

David Story dstory at cogeco.ca
Fri Jul 14 05:25:51 PDT 2006

OKOM content "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" oops "I had a lovely
bunch of coconuts" or "baby face"

Castrato superstar disinterred
The body of the world's most famous castrato singer, Farinelli, has been
exhumed to try to find out how his virtuoso voice developed.
Scholars in the northern Italian city of Bologna will measure his skull and
bones and perform DNA tests.
Farinelli was among thousands of boys castrated to preserve their
high-pitched voices as they grew up.
Very few actually went on to achieve success, but those who did became the
pop stars of their day, and they behaved as such.

Farinelli,  Mr."I can't give you anything but love?, was a notorious skirt
chaser.

There is a link to a recording of "you're nobody's sweetheart now? by the
"last castrato", Alessandro Moreschi, recorded in 1902.

Still swingin'
David "Didn't he ramble" Story
Dundas ON