[Dixielandjazz] Castrati

Kay Spencer kay2840 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 13:12:17 PDT 2006

Dave,

  A little internet searching showed Bejun Mehta probably being the person you saw featured on 60 Minutes (actually 60 Minutes ll).  I didn't find any current recordings  for him but if you look on Amazon.com for "David Daniels" and check out those soundclips,  you'll be amazed. -- no comparison to the falsettos we are accustomed to...

   Kay

David Richoux <tubaman at tubatoast.com> wrote:
  Leon Redbone has one of those very subtle types of humor...

(BTW, there was a lot of talk about a "counter-tenor" or "male
soprano" in opera/vocal music circles a few years ago - even a story
on 60 Minutes!)

Dave Richoux