[Dixielandjazz] jazz in Australia

sam meerkin / evelyne perks smeerkin at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 11 19:45:17 PDT 2006

This is a big country, as listmates Mick Potter and Phil O'Rourke point out,
but the OKOM community is close and welcoming nationwide.  Evelyne & I
attend jazz conventions & festivals all over the country and even in the
USA, we know people everywhere who both play & listen to OKOM and would be
really pleased to help anyone from your neck of the woods to make contacts.
Please get in touch with us.  We are in Melbourne, the jazz capital of
Australia, I am on the committee of the Victorian Jazz Club
www.victorianjazzclub.com  and we know of jazz gigs happening  any night of
the week, somewhere.  By the way, where the heck is Branson?  We'll be in
the USA and Canada for a jazz cruise in Sept/Oct.  New York - Halifax NS -
NY, then off to Toronto, Vancouver and Victoria BC chasing more of OKOM
before heading home on Oct. 6th.  Happy to answer questions anytime.
Regards,
Sam Meerkin.
Australia.

--