[Dixielandjazz] Glenn Miller

Ed Danielson mcvouty78 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 11 12:57:19 PDT 2006

Larry Walton wrote:

Speaking of revisionist history, the more interesting questions are:  Would
Glenn Miller have made the transition into Rock and Roll or faded into the
has
been oblivion of so many other music stars?  Did his death lock in the Swing
Era
like nothing else could?  If he had lived would the swing and big band era
have
died when they did?

I like to think that Glenn Miller would have gone the Roswell Rudd route and
become an avant-gardist.  I'd always heard that what really happened to him
was that he was teleported onto a spaceship by Sun Ra, but that may be
apocryphal.

Ed Danielson