[Dixielandjazz] Trad jazz streaming on Internet radio

Fred Hoeptner fredhep at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 7 10:19:31 PDT 2006

I don't know whether you are aware, but some of the best in obscure trad
jazz, and occasionally some swing, is streamed by a little station that one
would never suspect of such solecism, npr station KRWG, Las Cruces, New
Mexico (90.7 for those of you living in the area).  Fred Dabney hosts the
show, and he comments on the pieces played from an obvious wealth of
knowledge of the genres.  Tune to www.krwgfm.org on Saturday evenings from
8:00 p.m. until midnight  Mountain Time.  For me the program is a real oasis
among the dross.