FW: [Dixielandjazz] Bell's Palsy

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Jul 7 09:16:32 PDT 2006

My husband has had Bell's Palsy twice.  The last time, recovery was slower,
and in fact his mouth and eye still droop a little.  Rebecca Thompson

I lost the complete control of one side of my face for about 2 months in the
early 1970's.  No one ever called it Bell's, however, it could have been.
Doctor's mentioned something about a pinched nerve up by my ear.  Dunno.
Eventually went away.  Seem to recall they gave me female hormones. (No
wisecracks, please!) Had a crooked smile during that period, and couldn't
play a note on the horn...a real drag when it was my only means of income!
Never had a problem again.

Jim