[Dixielandjazz] For Don Hale, Bell's Palsy

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Jul 5 16:00:01 PDT 2006

My son-in-law is a Neurologist.  I sent him the e-mail & asked for any
advice.  Below is his answer.

--Bob Ringwald

-----

Bob,

Most patients show full recovery of facial muscle strength, but this can
take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months.  There are no specific therapies
that help speed the rate of recovery.  Tell your colleague to be patient,
and that it might be until the end of the summer until he can play again.

Ken