[Dixielandjazz] 10 Representative Dixieland Recordings

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 5 14:08:38 PDT 2006

Dead players vs living bands....

Funny how this false dichotomy keeps coming up.  It's the MUSIC that's living, my friends.  Whether it's being played by someone long gone or by an exciting (sic) current-day band, it's the music they're after.  Are you saying that these younger audiences would enjoy Armstrong less because he's dead and has to be listened to on a CD?  Ultimately, I think, it's their desire to dance that makes them flock to Barbone Street rather than to the CD shop...,

--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org