[Dixielandjazz] A new addition to the repertoire

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 4 23:24:13 PDT 2006

Hi listmates,

Joe Hopkins from Phoenix just sent this around to some of his musical
friends. Click on this to get the chart:

http://www.oratoriosocietyofny.org/images/Humor/Aire.pdf

It's a pdf file you can print out for your musical group.

The Cell Block 7 plays this tune a little faster than indicated in the score
and we've transposed it up a minor third to allow for some extemporaneous
vocalizings by the band vocalist, Fred.

Some of you may notice a similarity to "The March of the Ducks" which Phil
Crumley of the Natural Gas Jazz Band distributed about 15 years or so ago.
But a careful analysis shows the melodic line to be totally different and
bears no relation to this aire.

If you experience any difficulties with it, please e-mail me and I'll
whistle a few bars and you can fake it.

Cheers and good luck,

Bill "maestro" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com