[Dixielandjazz] Working on the Fourth of July in the USA.

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 4 20:30:14 PDT 2006

"Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon" <mjl at ix.netcom.com> wrote (polite snip)

> Musical content:  Get Happy!  Why not?  I'd venture to guess that the
> vast majority of listmembers are NOT working today, so they might as
> well enjoy it!,

And to those on the list who were working gigs with Dixieland, America's
Music, on the Fourth, America's Day, hope you all enjoyed it as much as
Jonathan Russell and BSJB did. (we did a double header)

Below is a VERY SMALL sample of other Dixieland bands working on the 4th.
(probably not list members)

Fireworks, picnics to jazz up Fourth
<http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_4010050>
Pasadena Star-News - Pasadena,CA,USA
Pre-sale tickets, $5; at the gate, $7. (626)403-7200. LA CA ADA FLINTRIDGE:
Descanso Gardens, 1418Descanso Drive, Strolling Dixieland Jazz Band. ...

Farina Plans Big Fourth of July Celebration
<http://wjbdradio.com/news_view.asp?WEBID=6032>
WJBDRadio.com - Salem,IL,USA
... The 'official opening' ceremonies kick-off at two with music from the
local Dixieland Band Ted A's Five. Bingo and the 'Cake Walk'. ...

Community Fireworks
<http://www.kare11.com/news/ts_article.aspx?storyid=127549>
KARE - Minneapolis,MN,USA
Albert Lea will hold their Independence Day Celebration, June 30 through
July 4, with a street dance, jazz and Dixieland music on beautiful Fountain
Lake. ...

Cheers,
Steve