[Dixielandjazz] George Lewis Society

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 3 07:10:41 PDT 2006

Here is a note about the New Website of the George Lewis Society. BTW, the
Society is located in The Netherlands.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Dear admirers of the New Orleans (Revival) Jazz Style,

Despite financial problems the George Lewis Society is still alive an goes
on with its activities, although limited by lack of financial means. We are
proud to announce our brand new website ( still a "building house") in which
you can read about our activities at the moment: www.georgelewissociety.com
<http://www.georgelewissociety.com>

We would be very obliged if you can report about our activities in your
surrounding if you meet admirers of our beloved New Orleans Style and in
your magazines, etc. Especially our festival at the end of October 2006
needs special attention in order to get the necessary people to make the
festival financially healthy.

Thank you very much for your contribution in promoting our society.
With my kindest jazz regards,

John van Zuidam,
Chairman of the George Lewis Society.